Sunday, October 13, 2013

Good Luck Mr.Tiger

‘I hear your heart beat to the beat out of the drum ………we are gonna die young….’ the phone continued disturbing my sleep and I check the identity of the caller in order to decide whether to discard or pick the call. It reads ‘Ama’, I pressed the green button, answered “Ong Ama” and closed my eyes. She wasn’t surprised to find me still sleeping though it was quarter past 8 (she knows my sleeping habit :p). Even though she didn’t say anything I explained that since its Sunday I have extended my sleep little longer and was planning to wake up. Then she told me that my grandfather is asking me to send TIGER. In half sleep I was registering and figuring what she was saying and I was wondering from where am I supposed to bring tiger, I heard the existence of zoo near Hashimara but I wasn’t sure whether there are tiger or not. Even if there are, isn’t illegal to bring and send it to Pemagatshel?  I was configuring hard while she continued explaining. Then only whole things came into the picture. She was asking me to send the Tiger toy.


Well the story doesn’t end here. Well I come from a remote village of Pemagatshel where most of the people are farmers. We don’t do commercial farming; we just do farming to sustain the needs. Most of the time, farmer loses their crops to wild animals such as wild boars, deer and mischievous monkeys. Unlike others we don’t do huge farming in a large plot. Irrespective of the size of the farming, the farmers need to guard the crops for 24x7. They can’t afford to leave it unattended, with the blink of eyes; their crops and hard work are mercilessly destroyed. It is tedious to attend the crop all the time and also farmers are not able to do other works. Houses with more number of family members have advantages in this case but in most of the cases there are only two or three members in a house as their children are either studying or are civil servant away from home.


I guess the animals have become wiser as the scarecrow fails to scare both the birds and animal. They must have known that it is a fake one. Nevertheless human being never stoops and give up so easily, so they came up with the new idea to guard their crop; they replaced the scarecrow with the huge tiger toy. And it is indeed working and the strategy is getting popular that is the reason why my mother called me. I don’t know whose idea it is but I must admit that it is a brilliant idea.


During vacation last summer, I heard people talking about incidences how monkey got scared with the tiger toy and ran away. Also they were laughing hilariously when one of the villagers shared how he chased the group of monkeys by faking the roar of the tiger which was visibly kept in the hut (made in order to guard the crops).


I hope and pray that animals don’t get wiser this time. Hope Mr.Tiger will safeguard the crops. Nevertheless I wish you a luck .


(: Mr.Tiger I bought from Jaigoan :)




8 comments:

  1. hahaa... This is awesome! It seems like our parents and grandparents are becoming more intelligent and wiser. creativity is wisdom, i Believe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it seems they are. Kudos to them (y)

      Delete
  2. Human ingenuity never ends. That is rightly proved by your parents. I never thought of such idea. Now am gonna suggest to my parents too as they're also suffering from human resources shortage in looking after crops esp. during nights. Great idea..:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. look like the tiger toy is helping but I am not very sure as i have heard only(didn't see tiger toy in action) and if it doesn't work out, I am sorry in advance for giving wrong information. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least if toy tigers work, send them a mammoth sized toy. Let all zalas from our "beautiful land of Lotus"- Pema Gatshel, run to other placs and make our parents earn their labor. Nice writing that made you awake. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I am from village that have same issues as you state but never known the brilliant idea that your villager used. Really a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i also hrd abt the tiger toy being helpful for the farmers..i hope it really does..

    ReplyDelete