Saturday, December 3, 2016

Party With Anushka

“Do you want me to hang up?” I heard him.

Silence. Long silence. Again silence.

“Hey….what do you want me to do?” He was exasperated.

Silence. Silence. It was cold outside.

I didn’t want to lie and couldn’t tell him the truth. The distance, abundance of silence, tinge of ignorance and little bit of indifference succeeded in pulling us off. I couldn’t blame time and space however it was a beautiful brief moment with a beautiful soul.

“You don’t have to say anything. I can understand your silence. It confirms everything. I am hanging up the phone.” The followed beep confirmed the break in our connection.

I was numb, at the same time relieved. The beginning and end of the 2016 seems to make me lose friends. Another ending, of course for the betterment. That’s what I always say. And it’s better than locking myself in the situation I can’t change. May be, I am thinking too much, what’s it called? Over thinking? Shhhh….I silenced my mind.

The cold was penetrating through my skin, clear sky with twinkling stars was still beautiful, faraway electricity illuminated village was still serene, and the pieces of my heart was again smiling. I almost heard them saying “You pulled off last time and this time also you can do it. No big deal.”

I reluctantly found agreeing to the voice from within, unbelievably.

The usual warmth of my cozy room was missing at that time. I switched on the TV and like a slap on my face, Anushka was brilliantly dancing on the breakup song from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.

“Perfect!” isn’t it?

Yeah it is…PURRRFECCCTTTT. Not caring the fact of being non-dancer, I joined her club and danced my heart out. Thank god! Neighbors are out of station and I am all alone at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment