Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Will You?

Who will cry when you die?

Yes! A book by my all-time favorite Robin Sharma but I am yet to venture into the beautiful journey.  Yet I find myself wondering who will cry when I die? Will you?

The tittle triggers the memories from the Korean melodrama ’49 Days’ I watched in 2012. Forgive me; I am not very good with the names. So here it goes like this, a protagonist, a girl of twenty something meet with life changing car accident just before an engagement or a wedding (my bad, I forgot). There, she is clinging between life and a death but a messenger of death, Scheduler as he calls himself give her a time of 49 days to complete a task. A simple task to collect three drops of tears genuinely shed for her from three different person excluding families and kin. A task, when completed, she will be able to live, if not she has to die. Just three drops of tears, sounds ridiculously easy right? Include me, I thought so too.

As the story unfolds and days counted, she discovers that the tears people shed for her were just in the sake of expectations of the society. People she loves were with her due to some ulterior motives. A heartbreaking journey to collect just three drops of tears will definitely make you genuinely shed true tears for a girl in the screen. She will make you wish that your tears can be counted to save her. While she lost the hope of survival from the betrayal from the loved ones, I couldn’t help standing in her shoes and questioning myself. The questions remain here; will she succeed to complete a given task in just 49 days?

I was wondering if I die, will there be anyone who will cry with the genuine feelings of lost? Will they miss my presence, yearn to hear my laugh, see me play and crack joke with them? Will people miss me when I am gone?

Who will cry when I die, will you?

8 comments:

  1. As book stated, so is you said, all is well. I can bet if one does wise or good job for sure one would hold the position in the good books. Everyone has every right and chance to be remembered for so long like anyone till date. I can tell you one is reading and writing that would make anyone rich and more wise than other. As you are writing i think you can be remembered for long than other. Indeed you are already in the good books for many, many followers around. Similarly, i can also suggest you to read other good books. off recently i was done with --tuesdays with Morie and now i ma doing --so close to heaven...good reading and writing ahead...so that everyone would cry when you die la...including me la...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir for the beautiful words. I will try to live a life after death in my little writings... Lol...I remember reading 'Tuesdays with Morie' and will try to read more. If I read more, there will be more to take with me even when I die. Take care. Nice day

      Delete
  2. Oh I haven't read this book yet! Looks interesting ;D Hope to find it in library. How are you bumo? What's your exam result? Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I am good la... Result on 9/12 but I think I know my result... Take care LA. Miss you :)

      Delete
  3. Nice review and it seems interesting. I never thought who will cry when i die but now I'm starting to wonder. I should read that book and find out who will cry when i die i guess :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :D you should read it..take care :D

      Delete
  4. Don't worry Tshering I will cry when you die lol :P but wonder who would cry when I die lol. Seriously, I bought that book during my middle school days and remember reading rarely, not much. I still remember the message to do three things to live fulfilling life: 1. Have a Son 2. Write a Book 3. Plant a tree.
    You write great. Write Great Always. Hope doing fine. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..thanks and you too don't worry..i shall cry for you and i believe there will many who will mourn for you as you are the kindest soul i have ever encountered till date. Best message indeed. Thanks and take care. Regards..enjoy winter vacation :D

      Delete