Crush

By Tshering Chekii - May 03, 2015



As if scanning our faces, a spinning empty bottle gradually reduces speed and awfully stopped pointing its head towards me.

“Tshering!” girls in a room squeaked while some clapped in a sheer excitement.

“Truth or Dare?” girls shouted in unison. 

“Hmm…..” I swallowed saliva, which felt like a lump in a throat. 

“Come on! Be fast.” Sonam ordered.

“Ok. Truth.” I wouldn’t dare to do their dares. They have no mercy, seriously, yeah of course while playing games if not they are darling angels on the earth. 

“Who want to ask a question?” Thinley spoke louder than required.

“Tenzin?” Tashi said.

“You are the first, so, lucky you. I am gonna go little easy on you. Tell me who your current crush is?” She winked at me.

“Josh Duhamal.” I gave them a sheepish smile.

“Don’t lie, I know who he is.” Karma warned me.

“Honestly, JD is my crush.” I said.

“I didn’t mean a celebrity crush. A real one as in David Archuleta’s crush.” Tenzin explained though. 

“Ok. ST.” I said, immediately grabbing a bottle to spin for the next round as I felt the color creeping in my face.

“Oooooooo.” The wine they had was slowing ruling the atmosphere as they made an awkward O with their lips.

“ST as in Sonam T******, not our ex-jijajee.” Karma gave me an expression ‘Thank me later for this little huge favour.’

“Would you mind enlightening us with a full story?” Lhamo burped while asking me (yuck!).

“Rules are rules. One question at a time.” I said sternly as I rotated bottle for the next round.

As we continued the game, the lyrics from David Archuleta’s Crush was zoomed out and displayed clearly in my mind.



I hung up the phone tonight
Something happened for the first time
Deep inside it was a rush
What a rush

'Cause the possibility
That you would ever feel the same way about me
It's just too much
Just too much

Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized
So mesmerized
And I've just got to know

[Chorus:]
Do you ever think
When you're all alone
All that we could be?
Where this thing could go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?
Do you catch a breath
When I look at you?
Are you holding back
Like the way you do?
'Cause I'm trying, trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't going away
Going away
Has it ever crossed your mind
When we're hanging,
Spending time, girl, are we just friends?
Is there more? Is there more? (Is there more)

See it's a chance we've gotta take
'Cause I believe that we can make
This into something that'll last
Last forever, forever





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments